ARC Technologies, Inc. offers a wide variety of RF absorbers. Multilayer (ML) is a family of lightweight, flexible open cell foam absorption material, designed for broadband applications. The ML absorbers function on an impedance matching principle, with each layer loaded for predetermined loss tangents, providing electrically tapered reflection loss characteristics.
A combination of open cell foam sheets with stepped carbon loads. It is available in sheet form, it has low density, light weight, and can be custom carbon loaded to meet high or low loss requirements. This RF absorber is effective mainly for far field requirements and controlling surface currents.
- Broadband absorption from 500 MHz to 40 GHz
- Reflection loss of -20dB are achieved
- Flexible and lightweight
- Easily cut to shape
- Conductive ground plane is available
- Can be attached with pressure sensitive adhesive
- Can be treated (sealed or wrapped) to withstand weather and harsh environments
- Functions on impedance matching, different loss tangent layers laminated together for an electrically tapered absorber
Why ML is Effective?
The ML (multilayer) RF absorber allows the LS layers to be built up with each of the layers loaded for a predetermined loss tangent, providing electrically tapered reflection loss characteristics. The layers can be laid up to match the customer’s specification.
When to Use:
- Crosstalk reduction
- Antenna shrouding
- Shadowing parts for RCS Measurements
- Shadowing components of anechoic chambers
- Elastomer coatings can be added to resistance against:
- Jet fuel
- Hydrolic fuel
- Typical Performance
|ML Series Number||Reflection Loss||Reflectivity Range||Thickness||Weight|
|ML-72 Series||≤-17 dB||12 GHz to 18 GHz||0.28″(0.71 cm)||0.6 lbs. (0.272 kg)|
|ML-73 Series||≤-17 dB||8 GHz to 18 GHz||0.42″ (1.07 cm)||0.9 lbs. (0.408 kg)|
|ML-74 Series||≤-17 dB||4.5 GHz to 18 GHz||0.75″ (1.91 cm)||1.0 lb. (0.454 kg)|
|ML-75 Series||≤-17 dB||3.5 GHz to 18 GHz||1.125″ (2.858 cm)||1.5 lbs. (0.680 kg)|
|ML-77 Series||≤-17 dB||2.5 GHz to 18 GHz||2.25″ (5.72 cm)||2.35 lbs (1.066 kg)|
|ML-79 Series||≤-17 dB||2 GHz to 18 GHz||4.50″ (11.43 cm)||5.0 lbs. (2.268 kg)|